We want to develop innovative and exciting film exhibition projects which engage the public and celebrate moving image. We are looking for activity which creates a buzz and has a lasting impact on participants. We want these screenings to be events and more than just a passive cinema experience – to this end our projects are cross art-forms, experimental and creative.
We want to contribute to the promotion of a vibrant film watching culture in the North East, which is accessible and diverse. Working in partnership with cinemas, venues and festivals to deliver exciting, engaging screening events.
We aim to:
- Raise the profile of independent film in the sub regions, specifically for children under 7
- Work in partnership with cinemas and non-traditional venues to build audiences for specialised and independent film
- Engage large numbers of the public
- Develop cine-literacy in audiences
- Work with a diverse range of regional and national partners
- Maximise the use of new media, the web and interactivity
See our Cineplay programme here.